Towbar bike rack dream right here!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know what a huge fan of anything Thule I am. Last year I have been kindly given a Thule EasyFold XT 3 for a review and I’ve been using it ever since. I had an old bike rack on my previous car which can only be described in two words: not Thule!
This fully foldable, compact, and easy-to-use towbar-mounted bike rack for all types of bikes is absolutely brilliant! When I say all types of bikes, I really mean it! Check the photos below, find the 50 year old chopper and you’d know that’s mine 🙂 Bulky, heavy and a bit rusty (shhh) but it fits like a dream in the bike rack. So does Aly’s gigantic bike which comes with a huge basket – apparently her ‘I can’t live without’ insta prop!
Here are some of my features of the Thule bike rack:
- Fully foldable for convenient mounting, handling and storage – the way in which it folds is a big plus for when it’s off the car and into STORAGE!
- High load capacity enabling transport of e-bikes and heavy mountain bikes – Yes!!! Just check our bikes 😀
- Easy mounting of bikes through detachable bike arms with lockable Thule AcuTight torque limiter knobs that click when optimal torque is reached – another feature which I love!!
- Smooth mounting and adjustment of the bike rack before closing the tightening handle, thanks to the towbar coupling’s initial stability
- Ergonomic transport of the bike rack thanks to the integrated transport wheels and carrying handle – Aly can carry it by herself with absolutely no problem!
- Pre-assembled, no tools required – the GENIUS part!!!
- Lock your bikes to the bike rack and your bike rack to the towbar (locks included) – yes, they are included and it gives me more piece of mind.
You can find below a few photos from my first experience with the bike rack on our Tesla Model X.
You can find all tech behind the product on Thule website, but here are a few more details below that may interest you.